CLEARING THE FOG
This course can only be attended after you have completed the Narcissistic Traits and Emotional Abuse Course for therapists.
Cost £70 pp
Narcissistic Abuse in families is an important topic for therapists to understand. With narcissism becoming a buzz word for those whom are perhaps arrogant and abusive, the actual impact of a narcissistic parent is so damaging, it’s vital therapists are able to recognise and understand how a client from such a parent might respond.
The course approaches the issue by first understanding the jargon and colloquialisms, then looks at building a secure attachment style for the client using the therapeutic relationship.
The course will cover:
- What the narcissistic parent looks like
- The Family Roles – Experience and Impact
- Looking at Narcissistic Traits in Context
- Looking at Emotional Abuse in Context
- Knowing our own prejudices
- Understanding The Complementary Moral Defence
- Recognising it in the room
- Introducing the idea to a client
- The importance and implication of Attachment styles
- Working with it therapeutically
Next Course Dates
Please contact me if you have any enquires about this course