NARCISSISTIC TRAITS AND EMOTIONAL ABUSE FOR THERAPISTS
Cost £70 pp
On completion you will receive a CPD certificate and a reading list
This is a course aimed at therapists. Narcissistic/Emotional abuse is something that more and more therapists are encountering. The course aims to equip therapists with a good working knowledge of narcissistic traits and the different types of emotional abuse.
Understanding emotional abuse will be useful with clients regardless of whether the abuse comes from somebody exhibiting pathological narcissistic traits or not.
The course will cover:
- The history of narcissism as a concept
- Narcissistic Traits – what they look like and how they work together
- Different types of Narcissists – Overt, Covert or something else? – The Narcissistic Paint Palette
- Narcissistic/Emotional Abuse – The different types of abuse and how it manifests interpersonally.
- How to spot narcissistic/emotional abuse in the therapy room
- Some ideas on working therapeutically with this client group.
- This course doesn’t cover familial narcissistic abuse, although to do that course, you must have attended this course too.
Please contact me to enquire about this course
What our clients say:
‘Excellent to find thorough training on a complex subject that has been thoughtfully researched and presented’
‘Helen was such source of knowledge and enthusiasm for the topic – wonderfully engaging. [I] feel comfortable identifying and helping my clients who are victims of emotional abuse.’
‘An extremely well run course – felt comfortable with the very knowledgeable and informed Helen – thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you.’
Next Course Dates
Please contact me if you have any enquires about this course
You will be sent materials and links for zoom a week before the workshop. On completion you will receive a CPD certificate and a reading list. There will be no refund for cancellations made within 21 days of the course, and cancellations made beforehand will incur a 10% handling charge. However, places are transferrable provided we are given the full name and contact information of the person you are transferring to.